Hello gentle reader,
I came across this blog hop on Sara Letourneau’s blog and I thought it could be interesting to join in the fun.
1. How do you keep track of your TBR books?
Behold my highly-sophisticated tracking system:
– With printed books, I keep all the books I’ve already read on my bookshelves. Therefore all the books that aren’t on there, but instead on my coffee table, bedside table and dining table? They’re my TBR books.
– – With ebooks , I have a hand-written (!) list of my TBR books which I keep inside my Kindle cover.
2. Is your TBR pile mostly print or ebooks?
I had to check numbers to answer this question. It turns out I have 10 TBR ebooks and 14 printed books.
3. How do you determine which book from your TBR pile to read next?
It depends entirely on my mood. I also like to switch genres and categories, in order to avoid comparing books too much. For example I’ll read a YA Fantasy, followed by a YA Historical.
4. What’s been on your TBR pile the longest?
It has to be The Assassin’s Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke. I bought it when it came out, in 2012, but didn’t read it then. It’s rare for me to wait a long time before reading a book I bought, but for some reason I never got around to read this one.
5. Pick a book you recently added to your TBR pile.
My most recent bought-but-not-read-yet book is A Great And Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray. I love Libba’s writing, so I’ll probably read it soon.
6. Pick a book that’s on your TBR pile strictly because of its beautiful cover.
None. I don’t buy books because of their covers, but because I like the author, the blurb or because I’ve read good reviews.
7. Pick a book on your TBR pile that you’re apprehensive about reading.
The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness. It’s been recommended to me numerous times, which is why I bought it, but I still need to work up the courage to read it.
8. Pick an unpublished book on your TBR list that you’re excited for.
Easy: Half Wild by Sally Green (Half Bad #2). I just CAN’T WAIT.
9. Pick a book on your TBR pile that basically everyone has read but you.
It must be Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. The only reason I haven’t read it yet is because I’m worried I’ll read the series very quickly, then I’ll have to wait for the next books to come out…
10. Pick a book on your TBR pile that everyone recommends to you.
The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski. I own a signed hardcover copy of it, but I haven’t read it yet for fear of having too long to wait for Book 2 (are you noticing a pattern here?)
11. Pick a book on your TBR pile that you’re dying to read.
The Daughter of Smoke and Bone series by Laini Taylor. I own it, I want to read it, but I need the time and the right frame of mind to do it properly, so it hasn’t happened yet.
12. How many books are on your Goodreads TBR shelf?
I’m not on Goodreads… yet. One day, I promise.
13. Tag some people!
I’ll tag friends who are always recommending books to me : Lauren Garafalo and Jessica Rubinkowski .
What are some of the books on your TBR pile? Have you read any of the books listed above? Feel free to leave me a comment below!