It’s springtime and my TBR pile is getting big, so I have decided to take part in a read-a-thon created by Amanda @ On a Book Bender. Exciting!
What is that all about?
- Bout of Books is a week long read-a-thon, which will run from 12:01am on Monday, May 14th through 11:59pm Sunday, May 20st in whatever time zone you are in.
- Bout of Books is low pressure, meaning participants are only asked to push themselves to read more than they normally would during any given week. There is no competition between readers.
- How much time a reader wants, and can commit, to read, tweet, or network with fellow bloggers is left to individual preference. All challenges and giveaways are optional.
- Networking with fellow bloggers is actively encouraged, though never required. Co-hosts are there to facilitate blog hopping and interaction between participants.
- Twitter will be used to post updates throughout the read-a-thon. Everyone will be tweeting with the #boutofbooks hashtag. Follow @boutofbooks for all important announcements.
- Read every day
- Finish at least 2 books that week
- Communicate every day with the community
- Find new blogs and people to follow
Books I’m going to read this week:
Catching Fire (The Hunger Games #2) by Suzanne Collins
Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins
I know I am a bit late to this party but after reading The Hunger Games I felt that I needed to take a break from this story before reading the rest. I now feel in the mood to finish the trilogy.
The Pledge by Kimberly Derting
It is a YA dystopian novel and I have only heard good things about it. Time to see what the buzz is all about for myself.
Vixen by Jillian Larkin
A 2010 debut and a YA historical novel… I love books about the Roaring 20s and this one has been sitting on my shelf for quite some time now, so I have decided to finally take a look at it.
What are you going to read this week?